Local, state and federal laws now regulate vapor product retailers. Read the complete regulations
In Pierce County it is against the law to
- Vape in any indoor public place or place of employment.
- Vape within 25 feet of all public entryways, doors or windows.
- Vape in any outdoor public places where children are present, like parks, playgrounds and beaches.
- Sell or give vapor products to anyone under age 18. Adults who give vapor products to minors can be fined or sent to jail.
- Buy or possess vapor products under the age of 18. Minors who possess vapor products may be fined or given community service hours.
Report violations of the law online or call (253) 798-6400.
In Washington State
- It is against the law to use vapor products in schools and within 500 feet of schools, school busses, childcare centers and any outdoor areas where children congregate.
- Retailers are required to have a license to sell products and meet specific criteria to sell products.
- Child-resistance packaging is required.
- Common-sense consumer protects, such as warnings and nicotine disclosure are required.
- Distributors and online retailer are regulated.
Report violations of the law online.
In the U.S. the FDA
- Regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS).
- Reviews new vapor products not yet on the market.
- Helps prevent misleading claims by vapor product manufacturers.
- Evaluates the ingredients of vapor products and they are made.
- Communicates the potential risks of vapor products.